Fires have become increasingly devastating to businesses, so it is important to ensure that you are taking the proper steps to protect your business from potential fire disasters.
Fire Code Measures
- Make all exits are accessible. This includes keeping exits unlocked and free from clutter, ensuring they are properly marked.
- Have plenty of fire extinguishers. Be sure to have them checked and serviced regularly.
- Store flammable and hazardous materials properly. If possible, try to store these off your property entirely.
- Have a fire marshal inspect your property and point out potential hazards.
- Install a sprinkler system, which can save your business, as well as reduce your insurance rates.
- Prepare for emergencies, as well as keep your staff informed and trained on what to do in the event of a fire.
- Be sure to post evacuation routes.
- Make sure first aid kits are available and easily accessible, as well as regularly restocked.
Having the right insurance policy is critical. This will not only help to cover the damages to your building and machinery, but the loss of your business as well. Contact Brazelton Insurance Group for more information today!