When it comes to life insurance, many people will either forget or may not understand what questions to ask. In order to help you better understand your life insurance policy, here are common life insurance questions and their answers:
- Do you need life insurance? While there are many purposes of life insurance, the main reason people will invest in a policy is is to ensure the people you leave behind are covered.
- Can anyone get a life insurance policy? When applying for life insurance, it is important to be honest and upfront. If you don’t, your claim may be disallowed, and your loved ones left with nothing.
- What kind of life insurance is the best? Pure term policies aren’t for investment policies, meaning you pay a premium, and the policy then pays your beneficiaries a certain amount when you die. Whole polices combine term policies with an investment product, which builds cash value over time.
- How much should a life insurance policy be? It is critical to take into consideration your family’s income needs, over the course of your policy. This may include things such as mortgage payments, college tuition, medical bills, and funeral costs.
- What length should your term be? The length of your term will depend on your long-term income outlook and your specific needs.
- Should I convert my policy? If you outlive your term life insurance policy, you may want to convert it near the end of the term so you won’t need another medical exam to qualify.
- How should I shop for a life insurance policy? For a policy that will be tailored to your needs, it is best to consult your insurance agent, who is familiar with your financial situation and your particular needs and goals.
Contact Brazelton Insurance Group for more help or with questions in regards to your life insurance policy.