When starting a business for the first time, it’s excited, but the number one thing you’re going to need, is insurance. Many problems can occur when owning a restaurant, equipment failures, fires, customers getting sick after leaving your restaurant and slip-and-falls.

Depending on where your restaurant is located, you might need certain types of insurances to comply with the local laws.

Liquor Liability – Offering alcoholic beverages on menu is a great way to increase profits, but this can cause additional risks. Many states require companies to have a liquor license to carry this liability insurance. It’s important to have this coverage in case an intoxicated customer decides to drive away from your establishment and could potentially cause harm to others.

General LiabilityLiability insurance is needed in case any person is harmed while being at your restaurant. If someone gets sick after eating at your establishment, you will be covered under your liability insurance.

Workers’ Compensation – Many states require you the employer to carry workers’ compensation. This protects the business when any employee gets injured while working.

Fire Insurance – This is a vital insurance needed for any company. It’s important for a restaurant to be covered against fire damage, especially since you’re adding gas cooking to the mix.

Contact Brazelton Insurance Group, for more information on how you get the best coverages for your restaurant.