When it comes to your commercial transportation insurance, there are many things a business owner should consider, even after their policy is in place, in order to protect their assets and employees.
The following helpful suggestions may not only help you to reduce accidents, but also keep your commercial insurance premiums lower, ultimately saving you time and money:
- Use your commercial vehicles for work-related travel only.
- Be sure to avoid texting and talking on cell phones, establishing another way to communicate and avoiding phone use while driving.
- Require that all of your employees wear their seat belts.
- Ensure that you have a zero tolerance policy, in which employees may not consume alcoholic beverages or take drugs while operating, or before operating any company vehicles.
- Ensure all company vehicles are safe and secure at all times with an alarm system, which may help to lower your insurance rates.
- Allow plenty of travel time between jobs or appointments.
- Perform thorough check of all employees’ driving records.
- Provide proper safety trainings and practices to all employees that will be driving company vehicles.
- Ensure individuals operating specialized equipment are properly trained and licensed or certified.
- Ensure your vehicles are well maintained and insured.
Speak with your commercial transportation insurance agent at Brazelton Insurance Group for more information and help with any of your insurance needs today.