Halloween is often full of adorable trick-or-treaters, yummy candy, and fun times. However, life happens, even on Halloween, which means mishaps or mayhem are possible.

Whether it may be slips, trips, or falls, vandalism, or a candle fire, it is good to know that your insurance agent and your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies are there for you, which will likely cover you and your home for some of the most common Halloween disasters, including the following:

Vandalism damage to your personal property. There is something about Halloween that brings out the temptation to vandalize other people’s property. If your home, your property, or your personal possessions are damaged by vandalism, be sure to contact your insurance agent and file a claim.

Fire damage from candles and Halloween decorations. Did you know that Halloween is the fifth worst day of the year for candle fires? Thousands of home fires occur each year on Halloween, with the majority of these fires being ignited by decorations. Which means that if your pumpkin goes up in flames and causes damage to your property, your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy will cover any losses related to said fire.

Injuries that occur on your property. If you be hosting a Halloween party or are expecting trick-or-treaters at your door, then it is important to know that if a guest or candy-seeking child is injured while on your property, your homeowner’s or renter’s policy will cover the liability portion of your policy, paying for treatment of injury or other damages.

It is important that you are prepared for Halloween this year, ensuring you have the policies in place for these potential incidents. Contact Brazelton Insurance Group today to verify your policies are current and include the necessary coverage.