Another boating season is in full swing, but are you ready for what the summer may have to offer? With summer also being the opportune time for damaging storms and more boating excursions, have you reviewed your insurance policy to ensure your boat is properly covered this summer?
Many boat owners are often unaware of their options, especially when it comes to the risks and potential costs that are involved in owning and operating a boat. This is why that it is important before you hit the lake that you consult with your insurance agent about what type of insurance coverage may be best for your boat, including the following:
- Risk Coverage- It is important to ensure your boat is covered and protected from events, such as: fire, storms, capsizing, stranding, collision, explosion, or theft.
- Property Coverage- When you own a boat, you are likely to have invested a lot of money in the items and equipment aboard your boat. With the right insurance policy, items such as tools, life preservers, seat cushions, anchors, oars, dinghies, extra fuel tanks, canopies, and skis can all be covered in the event that something happens to them.
- Liability Coverage- In the event that your boat is involved in an accident, with liability insurance coverage, you will be protected against legal liability if you injure someone with your boat, or cause damage to someone else’s boat or property.
- Medical Payments Coverage- If you or anyone else on your boat are injured in a boating accident, medical payments coverage will pay for the medical expenses related to the accident.
- Wreck Removal- In the event your boat is wrecked or you need to destroy your boat, wreck removal will cover the expenses that you will incur in order to do so.
If you want to ensure your boat is properly covered this summer, contact Brazelton Insurance Group for more information on how we can help you with your specific insurance needs.