When looking at your insurance policy have you come across anything you don’t understand? Ever wonder why these two policies show up on your policy? These two policies help protect yourself when you are on the road and they don’t protect people who can’t afford it.

  • Uninsured/Under-insured Motorists Coverage Property Damage
  • Uninsured/Under-insured Motorists Coverage Bodily Injury

Bodily Injury pays for injuries that happen to you, while as Property Damage helps pay for your vehicle’s damages. This is for when you get into an accident with another motorist who either has or doesn’t have insurance.

For example, if someone crashes into you, leaving you with high medical bills and vehicle damages. Your policy will pay for both and up to the limit for both policies.

Now another scenario would be if you live in a state that requires you to have roughly $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident in bodily injury, and $10,000 for property damage. If someone crashes into you, the UMBI/UMPD they will cover a percentage of the original cost of the bills and damages and then your coverage will pay the difference. Always math your UMBI and UMPD limits so you know what the limits are for liability.

Talk with your agent and see what is available for you and if anything can be changed to your policy, to make sure you as the motorist is covered. Brazelton Insurance Group can help you find the right insurance policy  for you.