Preventative healthcare is vital in preventing or stopping illnesses or diseases. Under the ACA, preventative healthcare options are available and can benefit you regardless of whether annual deductibles are reached or not. In fact, most plans, must provide them without charging a co-paymanet, contingent on the service being delivered within your network.
For adults, preventative healthcare includes:
- prescribed aspirin regimens to prevent heart disease
- cholesterol screening at a certain age or if you are a high-risk patient
- type 2 diabetes screening for high blood pressure
Specifically for women, some of the preventative healthcare options include:
- anemia screening for pregnant women
- osteoporosis screening for women over age 60
- mammogram screening for women over 40
Preventive healthcare options for children include:
- autism screenings
- hearing screenings
- vision screenings
Getting the right preventive care at every stage of life to help you stay healthy, avoid or delay the onset of disease. Contact Brazelton Insurance Group to get health insurance for you and your family or to update your policy to make sure you have the right coverage needed in case of a medical emergency.